Patch On the Way for FIFA 14 on Xbox One Following Crashes
EA Sports is working on a patch to fix issues affecting the Xbox One version of FIFA 14following player reports that the game is causing the system to crash.
While EA described the patch as a 'day one' fix it does not currently appear to be live. On EA's support website they described the problems as follows:
"Controller Bug: Using two separate controllers, both assigned to user profiles, and then using controller two to navigate the bootflow when FIFA 14 is loading can result in a crash. The FIFA dev team will be fixing this issue as soon as possible (shortly after launch) but, in the meantime and as a workaround: please only use controller one to navigate the bootflow of FIFA 14. You can turn on and use the controller two once in the main menu.
"Bootflow Issue: If you suspend the console (leave it inactive until it 'sleeps') on the title screen in the Xbox One bootflow, you will not be able to access any online features when returning from an unsuspended state. As a workaround: don't suspend the console when on the title screen. If you do, simply restart the console (XB1 Only)."
On top of the issues mentioned above EA is also aware of, and working to fix, the following bugs:
- FIFA fans cannot join Friends Only matches via a friend's profile (PS4 Only). You should: Accept the invite from the user when it comes through and you will be able to join the match properly.
- Title crash in Co-Op seasons if the captain is using a custom formation and the non-captain does not have any custom formations (XB1 Only). You should: Make sure you have the same amount of custom formations as your teammate, or not use them.
- The 'Seasons Win' item in the EA SPORTS FC catalogue will not be properly received if gifted to a friend. (BOTH PS4/XB1) You should: Hold off on gifting this item until the upcoming title update.
- Compatibility improvements with Xbox voice commands (XB1 Only).
- When playing as a GK in Pro Clubs, you will have no way of changing the camera off of the 'End To End' camera (XB1 Only).
FIFA 14 was released alongside the Xbox One last night and most people in Europe received a free digital copy of the title as part of a Day One bundle.